Sunday 12 May 2013

Bongos at 8 a.m. are not cool!

Ok, so I normally would not be up this early on a Sunday, but since my freak neighbour thinks it's a good time to play some 70's kind of bongo instrumental, at full blast for a three block radius to hear, I figured updating my blog was a more civilised way to spend my time than throwing rotten tomatoes at his balcony.  Besides, I don't have any rotten tomatoes :(

Inconsiderate neighbours with crappy taste in music aside, there is something great about today.  I am expecting to see the first rendition of the cover art for book 2 by tonight.  Woo hoo.  That means we're just that much closer to getting book 2 published.  I can't wait.

As for book 3, I'm about a quarter of the way through the rewrite.  Actually, I'm surprised at how quickly it's going.  I really expected to have allot more to polish and tweak, but so far, it's been pretty smooth.  I love being an independent writer, but one of the down sides is not having a professional editor to help with this part of the process.  On the other hand, in a way, indie books are probably the cleanest transition of a story between writer and reader.  It's the literary version of unplugged I guess, and I like the idea of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment